Flan de Coco, a Mexican style coconut flan, is the perfectly light and delightful finish to any Mexican cuisine meal. Serve the Flan de Coco with some freshly brewed, strong Mexican coffee, too … es simplemente magnífico !
Flan de Coco Recipe-
- 1-1/3 cups whole milk
- 1-2/3 cups sweetened condensed milk
- 3 eggs plus 3 egg yolks, beaten
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup sweetened, flaked/shredded coconut, plus extra for garnish
- 12 fresh mint leaves, for garnish
- Mix both milks, eggs and vanilla until well-combined.
- Stir in the flaked coconut and pour the mixture into 6 individual custard cups or a larger flan mold. Place the cups or mold in a large baking pan, and fill it with water to a depth of 1″.
- Bake in a preheated 350º oven for 30-35 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean. A flan mold will take longer than individual cups.
- Allow to cool, then refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving your Flan de Coco.