There are many avocado salads, but this Ghanaian avocado salad, a special dish my Ghanaian wife makes for me, is elegant and superb!
Ghanaian Avocado Salad with Spicy Groundnut Dressing Recipe-
- 2 avocados, ripe, but not over-ripe and mushy
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. minced red onion
- 3 tbsp. salted and roasted peanuts
- 3/4 tsp. paprika
- 3/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp. cayenne pepper powder
- 1 tsp. sugar
- salt, to taste
- chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish
- coarsely chopped peanuts, for garnish
- Bishop seeds (Ajwain), for garnish
- Cut the avocados in half lengthwise, remove the pit and cube the flesh.
- Place in a bowl with lemon juice, olive oil, and onion and toss gently.
- Grind the peanuts (either use a coffee or spice grinder or just roll a rolling pin over the peanuts) so you have small chunks and mix with the paprika, cinnamon, cayenne, sugar and salt. Sprinkle over the avocado and toss gently.
- Garnish your authentic Ghanaian Avocado Salad with chopped cilantro, peanuts, and a sprinkling of Bishop seeds.
Contact us and/or Join Our Mailing List
(We respect your privacy. Subscribers’ info are not shared with anyone. EVER)