Definitely original to the USA is the now globally proliferated McDonald’s franchise. Their particular brand of “fast food” taste offerings caught on and spread like a wildfire all across America and by now all over the planet in almost every developed or developing country. Trying to capture that true “McTaste” is not easy to do. But this Homemade McChicken Nuggets recipe nails it. Try it and see … they are very McYummy!
Homemade McChicken Nuggets Recipe-
- 2 boneless skinless Chicken Breasts (that’s 4 breast fillets)
- 3/4 tsp. of salt
- 1/2 tsp. of dried Parsley flakes
- 1/2 tsp. of dried Oregano
- 1/4 tsp. of Onion powder
- 1/4 tsp. of black pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 cup of finely ground Panko breadcrumbs (do not substitute – only Panko crumbs get this recipe right)
- canola oil (for frying)
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Dice the chicken breasts, place in a food processor, and blend until the meat is well ground, then add in all the spices and blend a bit more to incorporate.
- Pour some flour out on a baking tray or sheet, and place your beaten eggs in a bowl right beside it.
- Dust your hands with some flour, then roll the seasoned ground chicken mixture into small “nugget” balls (golf ball sized or even smaller). You may need to wash, dry, and re-flour your hands several times during this step, because the meatballs will start sticking to them.
- Roll the nuggets in flour, then in egg, and then in the Panko, each successive step being sure to coat the balls evenly all over.
- Press the balls down on a flat surface and shape them to make them more of a nugget shape.
- Set nuggets aside, and, using a heavy duty skillet, pour in enough canola oil to cover about 2/3 the height of the nuggets when placed on the flat. Heat the oil until it becomes sizzling hot.
- Place as many nuggets at a time as you can in the oil, and fry for about 2-3 minutes, or until the bottoms are golden brown, then turn and fry until the other side is also golden brown.
- Remove and place on a-foil lined baking sheet, then bake the nuggets for about 10-12 minutes or until thoroughly cooked through. A toothpick plunged into the center of a nugget should pull out clean.
- Remove to a towel-lined plate (to catch any excess oil), allow to cool just enough to handle, and then serve your Homemade McChicken Nuggets to some people who you are about to make very McHappy!