Sopa de Fideos con Acelgas is a Mexican noodle soup with chard. Authentic Mexicano Sopa at its finest!
Sopa de Fideos con Acelgas Recipe-
Ingredients: (Serves 6 as a first course)
- 1 quart good chicken stock
- 2 Roma tomatoes, roasted and peeled
- 1/2 white onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 tbsp. pure corn oil (a must ingredient, for authentic flavor)
- A couple different vegetables, like carrots, green beans, etc., cut into bite sized pieces, enough to fill 2-3 cups, chopped up.
- 1 200-gram (7 oz.) package Mexican fideos (Mexican spaghetti)
- 1 bunch Swiss chard, washed, ribs removed, cut into strips
- salt to taste
- Heat the chicken stock to a simmer.
- Meanwhile, puree the tomato, onion and garlic in a blender with just enough of the stock to allow the blades to move.
- Heat the corn oil in a large saucepan, add the noodles and sauté them, stirring constantly to prevent scorching, until they are just golden in color.
- Add the tomato mixture and stir to coat the noodles.
- Add the hot stock and continue cooking until the noodles are nearly done.
- Add the chard and continue cooking until the chard is wilted.
- Add salt to taste, and serve your Sopa de Fideos con Acelgas while still nice and hot.