Jack Daniels Grilled Steak and Shrimp is a meal that is not only very American – it is hearty and memorable. The ingredients are few and simple. However, the method of preparing this elegantly simple meal is what makes this Jack Daniels Grilled Steak and Shrimp a feast you will want to share and show off with your best friends.
Jack Daniels Grilled Steak and Shrimp Recipe-
- Jack Daniels Whiskey Barbecue Sauce
- 2 USDA Prime Cut, Aged Filet Mignon beef steaks, about 5 or 6 oz. each
- 6 to 8 Jumbo Prawns (shrimp) peeled and deveined
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Place the steaks in a resealable plastic bag, along with enough Jack Daniels sauce to cover and coat them. Seal the bag and allow to marinate for at least an hour.
- Soak your prawns in the lemon juice for about 15-20 minutes.
- Preheat your grille to high.
- Remove the prawns from the juice; take the steaks out of the bag and wipe away most of the sauce – reserve the sauce for basting.
- Lay the prawns and steaks on a tray, and season them all to taste with salt and pepper.
- Grille the steaks for about 2 to 3 minutes per side (for rare, longer for more well done), basting them with the reserved Jack Daniels sauce.
- Grille the shrimp at the same time, also basting them with the sauce, but watch their color. When they turn pinkish white, turn them over and grille for just a bit longer. They will be done sooner than the steaks, especially if you are grilling your steaks to medium or well done. Do not overcook the shrimp or they will get dry, even though the sauce basting will help them retain their juices.
- Serve your Jack Daniels Grilled Steak and Shrimp with side dishes of veggies and potatoes. My favorite combination is steamed green beans and Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes.
Contact us and/or Join Our Mailing List
(We respect your privacy. Subscribers’ info are not shared with anyone. EVER)