Sausage Potato Breakfast Casserole is the perfect dish to serve when you have a house full of hungry family about to set out on very busy days with lots of energy needed to get through the day. This Sausage Potato Breakfast Casserole will not only be fun and tasty to eat, it is so chocked full of healthy and energy supplying ingredients, hey – you might not even need a mid-day lunch!
Sausage Potato Breakfast Casserole Recipe-
- 1 lb. ground pork breakfast sausage
- 2 cups freshly shredded mild or medium Cheddar cheese
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 lb. tater tots potatoes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place sausage in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until evenly brown. Drain, and spread evenly in the bottom of a 9×13 inch pan. Spread cheese over sausage.
- In large bowl, beat together milk and eggs. Pour over cheese. (May be refrigerated overnight at this point). Top with tater tots.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35 to 45 minutes, then allow to cool for 5 to 10 minutes before serving your Sausage Potato Breakfast Casserole.
- And, as always, if you are doing breakfast in true American ethnic style fashion, serve with your Sausage Potato Breakfast Casserole some fresh brewed, dark roast coffee, and also perhaps some freshly squeezed orange juice.