Cream Cheese Filled Banana Bread is so sweet and delicious it satisfies the after dinner sweet tooth as well as any pie, cake, cupcake, or ice cream dessert can.
Cream Cheese Filled Banana Bread Recipe-
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 3 tbsp. sour cream
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup raw nuts (walnuts, pecans, almonds, your choice), chopped
For the Cream Cheese Mixture-
- 8 oz. Philadelphia Kraft cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350 Fahrenheit.
- Put the baking soda in the softened cream cheese, and mix it all together until the soda is dissolved in it.
- In a large bowl, mix together the 1 cup sugar, 2 eggs, and butter.
- Now add in the mashed bananas, salt, 2 cups of flour, and the cream cheese with the soda dissolved in it, and mix thoroughly.
- Add in the chopped nuts and mix well again.
- Take a 9” X 5” loaf pan, grease and flour the insides, and spoon ½ of the bread batter into it.
- In another bowl, combine cream cheese mixture ingredients, then spread ½ of the mixture over the bread batter in the loaf pan.
- Now spoon the remaining banana bread batter ever the top of the cream cheese layer.
- Optional: If you want a crunchy top to the loafs, you can mix ½ tsp. cinnamon with 1 tbsp. of sugar, and spread that over the top of the loaf, along with a sprinkling of more finely chopped nuts.
- Put the pan in the oven and bake for one hour. Check for doneness with a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf—it should come out clean.
- Allow to cool for 5 to 10 minutes, then slice and serve your homemade Cream Cheese Filled Banana Bread.