Marinated Aromatic Lamb Chops Recipe-
- 15 lamb loin chops, cut 1” thick from boneless lamb loin
- 4 large cloves garlic, peeled and sliced
- 1 tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. dark chili powder
- 2 tbsp. white sugar
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black peppercorns
- 1 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1-1/2 tbsp. dark, mushroom flavored soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. Prik Pao (Thai hot chili pepper paste)
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 limes, halved and juiced
- 2 lemons, halved and juiced
- 4 green onions, chopped fine
- Place the lamb chops into a large resealable plastic refrigerator bag. (you might need two, depending on size of bags you have)
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine the garlic slices, garlic powder, sugar, salt, chili powder, 1 tbsp. lime juice, olive oil, soy sauce, Prik Pao, and ground pepper.
- Pour the marinade into the bag(s) containing the lamb chops, and toss and turn until the marinade is evenly distributed.
- Seal the bag(s) and allow to marinate in the refrigerator for a good 8 hours—overnight is best. Occasionally turn the bag(s) over, to ensure even distribution and coating of the marinade for all the chops.
- The next day, preheat your oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Take the lamb out of the fridge, and let it sit until at room temperature.
- Roast the lamb in an uncovered roasting pan until it reaches your desired level on doneness—usually 12 minutes for rare, 15 minutes for medium rare, 20 for medium well, and 25 to 30 minutes for well done.
- Garnish with sprinklings of chopped green onions and cilantro, and lime and lemon juice over the chops before serving.
- Serve your Marinated Aromatic Lamb Chops over freshly steamed white rice, with a favorite green vegetable side dish.