Authentic Italian Meat Balls, I mean really authentic, and traditional Italian meat balls, are unparalleled in texture and flavor. This is the best recipe for the real deal, truly authentic Italian meat balls I’ve ever come across.
Authentic Italian Meat Balls Recipe-
- 1 lb. lean (less than 10% fat) ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground course sea salt
- 1 teaspoon dried, crushed oregano
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black peppercorns
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan Reggiano cheese
- enough Italian herb spaghetti sauce to smother meatballs
- Put all ingredients in a large bowl and mix together by hand (do use your bare hands for best results).
- Roll meatballs into a size about that of a golf ball.
- Put the raw meatballs into a large stock pot and cover with the Italian spaghetti sauce.
- Simmer for minimum 2 hours and better up to 3 hours.
- Serve your authentic Italian meat balls warm with spaghetti or linguini. Place a generous helping of the pasta on each person’s dish, and place the meatballs and spaghetti on the table in a large serving bowl for each person to take from as much as they wish.
- Have some fresh grated Parmesan cheese on the table for those who like to sprinkle some over the top of their entree.
- Italians love some wine with their main meals, so try a good quality, Tuscan Chianti to serve with your Pranzo.