The All American Style Breakfast is served in more households and restaurants than any other type of breakfast in the United States of America.
Eggs, bacon, sausage, ham, Canadian bacon, hashed brown potatoes, toast and jam and/or pancakes and syrup, let me tell you – it is very satisfying!
Note: if you are going to serve pancakes, make them first, before preparing the rest of your All American Style Breakfast. Keep them warm in a tightly sealed deep bowl or in the oven while you prepare the rest of the meal. You will have enough irons in the fire that you won’t want to be also having to be worried about preparing perfect pancakes at the same time, trust me.
For a good recipe for easy to make, simple, but perfect and tasty homemade pancakes, click here. For a recipe for some kicked up, jazzier pancakes, try Pecan Oatmeal Pancakes or Raspberry Sour Cream Pancakes.
All American Style Breakfast Recipe-
- 4 large eggs
- Four large slices of bread to toast, or 8 small, warm, freshly made pancakes (or both toast and pancakes if you are really hungry!)
- Butter to fry the eggs in (optional) and room temperature butter to spread on the toast
- 4-6 pork sausage links or sausage patties, and/or 4-6 pieces of thick sliced pork bacon, and/or two thick slices of cured ham, and/or 2 thick slices of Canadian bacon.
- 2 medium, or 1 large russet potato
- ¼ cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 2 large cloves garlic, chopped fine
- Salt and pepper on the table
- Optional: quartered orange, and/or fresh sprigs of cilantro, as garnish. Some people also like ketchup on their hash browns. Also have on the table some fruit preserves, jams, jellies, for those who like sweet condiments to spread on their buttered toast. (And if you are serving pancakes, don’t settle for anything less than the All American favorite: the indescribably delicious and distinctive 100% pure Maple syrup!)
- Cut your potato(s) in half, lengthwise, and place in pot, covered with water. Bring to a furious boil, and then cut the heat off—leave the potato(s) in the pot, by the time the water cools they will be at just the right consistency to grate. Peel them (often you can just peel them by hand at this point) and grate all the white flesh into one pile.
- Chop your onion and garlic, mix together with the grated potato, and put the mix on to fry in a well-oiled pan. Fry, stirring often, until the potato has turned golden brown. Now you have Hash Brown Potatoes.
- While the potato mix is frying, also fry your sausage or bacon until well done. If you are serving cured ham, you just fry it long enough to brown slightly and heat all the way through.
- When the hash browns and sausage or bacon is nearing well cooked, heat a third pan to cook your eggs.
- Put your bread slices on to toast, and have your butter ready at room temperature to spread as soon as the toast pops up.
- Fry the eggs in butter or oil, either “sunnyside up” (yokes still soft and bright yellow) or “over easy” (flipped over in the pan to partially cook the yokes—they will develop a white skin over them. Some people like “over well” and for that you leave the flipped over egg in the pan until the yokes are cooked hard. You can also scramble the eggs if you like.
- Time all the entrees in your All American Style Breakfast to be done and served immediately while still hot once they are prepared. Each person salts and peppers their potatoes and eggs to taste.
(Note: Most Americans like fresh brewed coffee with their morning meal, some also like fresh squeezed orange juice) If you don’t have a drip method coffee maker (preferred by most Americans) you can get a nice one for low cost by Clicking HERE.
Contact us and/or Join Our Mailing List
(We respect your privacy. Subscribers’ info are not shared with anyone. EVER)