This Egyptian Spicy Fried Prawns and Scallops recipe is a fine example of Egyptian seafood dishes. A sumptuous combination of flavors, it is not really spicy as in hot-spicy, although you could add cayenne pepper to taste if you want to kick it up a notch. But you want the cumin and ginger to really stand out – this savory combination is what gives Egyptian Spicy Fried Prawns and Scallops its distinctive flavor.
Egyptian Spicy Fried Prawns and Scallops Recipe-
- 4 tbsp. scallion-infused olive oil
- 6 large cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 tbsp. paprika
- 1 tbsp. ground cumin
- 1 tbsp. freshly grated ginger root
- 1-1⁄2 lb. large raw prawns, in the shell
- 3/4 lb. raw jumbo scallops
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground coarse sea salt
- 3 tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro (coriander)
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium flame; add in the garlic and gently sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add and stir in the cumin, ginger, and paprika, stir well enough to combine and incorporate.
- Now raise the flame to medium-high, then stir in prawns and scallops; add in the salt and cilantro. Stir-fry for about 5 minutes or until the prawns turn a brilliant pink and the scallops are cooked through and firm.
- Serve your Egyptian Spicy Fried Prawns and Scallops with some freshly steamed white rice.
Note: This recipe is taken from our Egyptian Cuisine pages.
Contact us and/or Join Our Mailing List
(We respect your privacy. Subscribers’ info are not shared with anyone. EVER)