Alaskan Shrimp and Cod with Fresh Tomato is a delicious meal. It is juicy, savory, elegant and, best of all, so easy to prepare!
Alaskan Shrimp and Cod with Fresh Tomato Recipe-
- fresh basil leaves, for garnish
- In a skillet or saucepan over medium-high flame, heat the olive oil
- Cook the garlic in the oil until golden brown, stirring, and making sure you do not burn the garlic.
- Add and stir in the tomatoes, mix well to ensure that they release their juices.
- Stir in 1 tbsp. of the oregano, and grind in some salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the shrimp and cod on top of the tomato mixture. Season the seafood to taste with season with salt and pepper to taste (I go very light on the seasoning, as I prefer to not overshadow the seafood’s naturally mild flavor – but it’s up to you).
- Reduce the heat to just a lively simmer; cover the pan and gently cook for 3 minutes.
- After three minutes, turn the cod pieces and shrimp over, and season again with salt, pepper, and the remaining tsp. of oregano. Cover the pan again, and cook another 3 minutes.
- Now, take the cover off, and allow the juices to reduce some, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve your Alaskan Shrimp and Cod with Fresh Tomato right away, while nice and warm. Garnish each serving with a few leaves of fresh basil.
- Goes great with a side of freshly cooked rice (with soy sauce and butter) and a tossed salad.
Note: For more delicious, authentic Alaskan cuisine recipes, click here.
Contact us and/or Join Our Mailing List
(We respect your privacy. Subscribers’ info are not shared with anyone. EVER)