These Zesty Shrimp Tacos are a natural occurence on the West Coast of America. Those people love seafoods, and there is a very heavy Hispanic influence on the cuisine. So, putting seafood, in this case shrimp, in a taco, makes perfect sense, right? Hey – try some … you will soon agree, it is a perfect fit!
Zesty Shrimp Tacos West Coast USA Style Recipe-
- 1 lb. medium size raw shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 2 tbsp. taco seasoning mix
- 4 large cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp. lime juice
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, pitted and diced small
- 2 cups shredded ieberg lettuce
- 1 medium-sized tomato, cored and diced small
- 12 taco shells of your choice
- salsa, for serving
- In medium-sized mixing bowl, combine the taco seasoning mix, garlic and 2 tablespoons of the lime juice with the shrimp. Toss well to ensure even coating.
- In a large skillet over medium-high flame, heat the oil until it is sizzling. Add in the seasoned shrimp mixture, and cook, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes, or until the shrimp turn bright pink.
- Remove the shrimp from the skillet and transfer them onto a platter. Leave the cooking juices in the skillet.
- Adjust the heat to just a lively simmer, and gently cook the remaining juices, stirring, until nicely thickened – about 3 or 4 minutes should do it.
- Now return the shrimp to the skillet, toss and stir well to coat evenly; remove the skillet from the heat.
- In small mixing bowl, toss the avocado with the remaining tablespoon of lime juice.
- To assemble, spoon 1/12 of the shrimp mixture into each of the taco shells, top each taco with lettuce, limed avocado and tomato.
- Serve your Zesty Shrimp Tacos with salsa as a condiment.
Note: For many more great recipes from the West Coast of North America, click here.
Contact us and/or Join Our Mailing List
(We respect your privacy. Subscribers’ info are not shared with anyone. EVER)