There are many avocado salads, but this avocado salad Ghanaian style, a special dish my Ghanaian wife makes for me, is elegant and superb. The spicy groundnut dressing really sets it apart from the competition.
Avocado Salad Ghanaian Style with Spicy Groundnut Dressing Recipe-
- 2 avocados, ripe, but not over-ripe and mushy
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 cup white button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tbsp. minced red onion
- 3 tbsp. salted and roasted peanuts
- 3/4 tsp. smoked paprika
- 3/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp. cayenne pepper powder
- 1 tsp. sugar
- salt, to taste
- chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish
- coarsely chopped peanuts, for garnish
- Bishop seeds (Ajwain), for garnish
- Cut the avocados in half lengthwise, remove the pit and cube the flesh.
- Place in a bowl with the onions, mushrooms, lemon juice and olive oil, and onion and toss gently.
- Grind the peanuts (either use a coffee or spice grinder or just roll a rolling pin over the peanuts) so you have small chunks and mix with the paprika, cinnamon, cayenne, sugar and salt. Sprinkle over the salad mixture and toss gently.
- Garnish your authentic Avocado Salad Ghanaian Style with chopped cilantro, some more peanuts, and a sprinkling of Bishop seeds.
Note: This recipe is taken from our African Cuisine pages.
Contact us and/or Join Our Mailing List
(We respect your privacy. Subscribers’ info are not shared with anyone. EVER)