Alabama Buttermilk Maple Pie is without a doubt a melt-in-your mouth explosion of wonderful texture and flavors. One of the most beloved “All-American” desserts to come out of the south, Alabama Butternut Maple Pie will delight you, your family and your guests.
Alabama Buttermilk Maple Pie Recipe-
- 1 pre-made pie crust, to fit a 9-inch pie pan
- 3 cups buttermilk
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup 100% pure organic Maple syrup (no substitutes! Only pure Maple syrup will do)
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. ground nutmeg
- ½ cup tapioca flour
- fresh fruits, for garnish
- fresh mint leaves, for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Bake one 9-inch pie crust for 10-12 minutes, or until the crust is no longer shiny and raw in the center.
- Set the crust aside to cool.
- Turn the oven down to 350 F.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the Maple syrup, eggs, vanilla, nutmeg and buttermilk. When those ingredients are well blended, whisk in the tapioca flour until it is also fully incorporated.
- Pour the pie mixture into the partially baked crust, and bake for about half an hour. By then the pie should be just set and only a bit jiggly. If the crust starts to brown too much before the filling is set, cover the exposed edges with foil.
- Cool your Alabama Buttermilk Maple Pie completely on a wire rack before serving. Garnish each serving with some fresh fruits and mint leaves.
Note: This All-American dessert is just one of many, taken from our Classic American Desserts page.