Today we feature a TexMex recipe from the All-American/TexMex page here on Ethnic foods R Us. Try this super tasty TexMex Chorizo Lasagna recipe!
American TexMex Chorizo Lasagna Recipe-
Ingredients: (serves 4)
- 12 ounces chorizo sausage
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 1 large jalapeno pepper, diced
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 6 corn tortillas
- 8 ounces pepper jack cheese, shredded (or grated)
- 1/2 cup crumbled cotija cheese
- 2 green onions, diced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro (or 1 tsp. dried ground cilantro/coriander)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Break chorizo into small pieces and brown in a pan over medium heat. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
In the same pan that you cooked the chorizo in reserve the pan drippings and add olive oil. Cook onions and jalapeno until softened, 3- 4 minutes. Stir in fire roasted tomatoes, tomato sauce, salt, cumin, chili powder and cayenne pepper (if using). Bring to a boil, reduce heat and allow to simmer for 20 minutes or until sauce thickens slightly. Return the chorizo to the sauce.
- Spoon a little bit of the sauce onto the bottom of a 9 x 13 baking dish. Place 3 tortillas lengthwise in the pan to cover most of the bottom of the pan. Spoon half of the sauce over the top. Top with half of the pepper jack cheese. Place remaining three tortillas on top of the cheese. Then the remaining sauce and the remaining pepper jack cheese. Place in the oven and cook for 20 minutes or until edges are bubbly. Remove from oven sprinkle with cotija cheese, green onions and cilantro. Cook for 10 more minutes or until cotija cheese has melted slightly.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool several minutes. Slice and serve your American TexMex Chorizo Lasagna while still very warm.
Contact us and/or Join Our Mailing List
(We respect your privacy. Subscribers’ info are not shared with anyone. EVER)