Today is the second in a series of three posts, featuring Soul Food dishes from the All-American/Southern Soul Food page here on Ethnic foods R Us. This Soul Food Fried Alligator recipe is not only delicious it’s a unique ethnic culinary experience you’ll not soon forget.
Southern Deep Fried Alligator is about as American “Soul Food” as you can get. If you’re too squeamish about the idea of eating alligator meat, you can substitute pork or chicken. But for the real ethnic experience, hey – turn the tables on those man-eating amphibians and serve some up on the table.
Soul Food Fried Alligator Recipe-
- 1 pound alligator meat, cut into bite-sized chunks
- freshly ground black peppercorns and coarse sea salt
- all-purpose flour, for dredging
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup sriracha hot sauce
- 1 bottle store-bought ranch dressing, for dipping
- fresh lemon wedges, for condiment
- Heat a deep-fryer to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. (If you don’t have a deep fryer, you can get one by clicking here)
- Lightly season gator meat with salt and pepper prior to dredging them in flour.
- Combine buttermilk and hot sauce into 1 mixture.
- Dip the gator meat into the buttermilk and hot sauce mixture and dip, once again, in flour. Then place in deep fryer until golden brown, just a couple minutes.
- Drain on paper towels and serve your Soul Food Fried Alligator with ranch dressing and lemon wedges on the side.
Contact us and/or Join Our Mailing List
(We respect your privacy. Subscribers’ info are not shared with anyone. EVER)