Hawaiian Maui Ahi Poke is sort of their version of a sashimi salad. Featuring fresh caught, raw salmon, this is a delightful, tasty and zingy salad.
Hawaiian Maui Ahi Poke Recipe-
- 2 lb. fresh, wild caught, sushi grade ahi tuna
- 1 Maui sweet onion, peeled and julienned (Maui Onions are far preferred for authenticity and the flavor they have)
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. freshly grated ginger root
- 4 large cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp. Chinese chili sauce
- 1 tsp. Hawaiian sea salt
- Chop your Ahi into bite sized cubes – I prefer large cubes, about 1″, but others prefer smaller, this is up to your personal preference. Place the cubes in a bowl, cover, and refrigerate for at least half an hour.
- In another, larger bowl, combine all other ingredients, stirring to incorporate thoroughly. Cover this bowl and also refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Also, place your serving dishes in the fridge for at least 20 minutes before serving. Or you could place them in the freezer for about 5 minutes.
- When you are ready to serve your Hawaiian Maui Ahi Poke, put the Ahi cubes into the same bowl with the other ingredients, and toss and stir everything together thoroughly.
- Serve your Hawaiian Maui Ahi Poke on chilled platters with chopsticks.
Note: For more delicious Hawaiian recipes, click here.
Contact us and/or Join Our Mailing List
(We respect your privacy. Subscribers’ info are not shared with anyone. EVER)