This TexMex Wild Game Chili Con Carne is just one of many recipes that we have for you on our All-American/TexMex page here at Ethnic foods R Us. This TexMex Wild Game Chili Con Carne recipe is an All-American-Southwest culinary experience you’ll want to revisit often.
Chili Con Carne with Wild Game Meat, TexMex style, goes wonderfully served over rice. In addition to the shredded cheese on top, you can also garnish with slices of avocado and shredded iceberg lettuce. Yummy!
TexMex Wild Game Chili Con Carne Recipe-
(makes 12 servings)
- 3 lb. Wild Game meat, Deer and/or Elk, cut into 1” cubes
- 1-1/2 tbsp. scallion infused olive oil
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 48 oz. canned red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 45 oz. canned tomato sauce
- 14.5 oz. canned, diced fire roasted tomatoes, with juices
- 1 cup water
- 6 oz. can tomato paste
- ¾ cup salsa verde
- 1 envelope chili seasoning
- 2 tsp. dried minced onion
- 1 tsp. dark chili powder
- ¾ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
- ¾ tsp. cayenne pepper
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Fresh cilantro, minced
- Using a large skillet or frying pan, heat the oil to medium high and brown the meat cubes on all six sides. If necessary, brown the cubes in batches—depending on the size of your skillet.
- Once all the meat is browned, add in the minced garlic, and cook for just 1 to 2 minutes, until the garlic becomes fragrant.
- Put the meat and garlic into a 6 quart slow cooker.
- Now add into the slow cooker the water, tomato paste, tomato sauce, dices tomatoes, the beans, tomato sauce, salsa verde and seasonings. Stir and mix all the ingredients together well.
- Put the lid on, and cook on low heat for 6 to 8 hours, until the meat cubes are nice and tender.
- Serve your TexMex Chili Con Carne with Wild Game Meat either in a bowl as a complete dish, or on a plate over a bed of rice. Garnish with shredded cheese and minced cilantro – also goes great with some chopped raw red onions, chopped tomatoes and slices of jalapeno peppers, served on the side of the plate. Other optional (but great!) garnishes are slices of avocado and shredded iceberg lettuce.
ga('create', 'UA-56704303-2', 'auto'); ga('send', 'pageview'); // ]]>