Grilled steak is so popular in the States, in the northern regions we are even known to grill outside in the winter cold, just so we can enjoy the unmistakable and wonderful flavor that can only be achieved on the charcoal or propane grill. This method is the best way to achieve Perfectly Grilled Beef Steak – Classic American Style.
Perfectly Grilled Beef Steak Recipe-
Ingredients: (serves 4)
- 4) 1-1/2 to 1-3/4 inch-thick boneless rib-eye steak, or New York strip steaks (about 12 ounces each) or porterhouse (12 to 14 ounces each), trimmed of excessive fat, but some fat still left on
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground black peppercorns and course sea salt
- 4 tbsp. garlic and herb butter, room temperature
- About 30 minutes before grilling, remove the steaks from the refrigerator and let sit, covered, at room temperature.
- Heat your grill to highest temperature. Brush the steaks on both sides with oil and season liberally with salt and pepper. Place the steaks on the grill and cook until golden brown and slightly charred on the bottom, 4 to 5 minutes. (If you want really rare steak, that is, browned and charred on the outside, but still cool and bloody in the center, grill only 3 to 4 minutes)
- Turn the steaks over and spoon one tablespoon of butter on each steak, spreading it evenly over the surface. Continue to grill 3 to 5 minutes for medium-rare (an internal temperature of 135 degrees F), 5 to 7 minutes for medium (140 degrees F) or 8 to 10 minutes for medium-well (150 degrees F). For really rare steak, grill for no more than 3 minutes on this side.
- Transfer the steaks to a cutting board or platter, tent loosely with foil and let rest 5 minutes before serving your Perfectly Grilled Beef Steak. Americans love their steak served with baked potatoes and gravy, and maybe a good salad or some green veggies.
Contact us and/or Join Our Mailing List
(We respect your privacy. Subscribers’ info are not shared with anyone. EVER)