Southern Soul Deep Fried Alligator is about as American “Soul Food” as you can get. If you’re too squeamish about the idea of eating alligator meat, you can substitute pork or chicken. But for the real ethnic experience, hey – turn the tables on those man-eating amphibians and serve some up on the table.
Southern Soul Deep Fried Alligator Recipe-
- 1 pound alligator meat, cut into bite-sized chunks
- freshly ground black peppercorns and course sea salt
- all-purpose flour, for dredging
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup sriracha hot sauce
- 1 bottle store-bought ranch dressing, for dipping
- Heat a deep-fryer to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. (If you don’t have a deep fryer, you can get one by clicking here)
- Lightly season gator meat with salt and pepper prior to dredging them in flour.
- Combine buttermilk and hot sauce into 1 mixture.
- Dip the gator meat into the buttermilk and hot sauce mixture and dip, once again, in flour. Then place in deep fryer until golden brown, just a couple minutes.
- Drain on paper towels and serve your Southern Soul Deep Fried Alligator with your favorite dipping sauce sauce on the side. Some prefer ranch dressing, I go for a more tomato based, slightly hot and spicy salsa.
Contact us and/or Join Our Mailing List
(We respect your privacy. Subscribers’ info are not shared with anyone. EVER)