Ragout de Capitaine à l’Arachide et aux Épinards (Catfish Stew with Peanuts and Spinach) Recipe-
- Heat the oil in a casserole, add the catfish steaks and brown overnight
- heat then add the spring onions, leek, tomatoes and okra powder.
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper, reduce the heat to a low simmer and stir to combine. Cover the pot and cook for about 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, mix the peanut butter to a smooth paste with 500ml of hot water. Pour this into the casserole dish and stir to combine.
- Wash the spinach, drain, chop coarsely and add to the stew.
- Return to a simmer, cover the dish and cook for about 25 minutes, or until the fish is very tender.
- Serve your Ragout de Capitaine à l’Arachide et aux Épinards hot on a bed of white rice, garnished with a sprinkling of rough chopped fresh cilantro.