Homemade TexMex Pork Chops is a recipe taken from out American TexMex page. For more great dishes in the ethnic culture of TexMex, click here.
TexMex Pork Chops are best prepared on the grille. And they are melt-in-your-mouth delicious. This recipe will take you down into the heartland of Texarcana for sure. Enjoy!
Homemade TexMex Pork Chops Recipe-
- 4 pork loin chops with bone in, sliced to 1″ to 1-1/4″ thick
- 1 tablespoon scallion infused olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- In a small bowl, mix the brown sugar, cumin, chili powder and salt.
- Add the oil and mix well. Rub both sides of the pork chops with the mixture.
- Preheat the grille to medium heat.
- Lightly oil the grill. Put the pork chops on the grill.
- Close the cover of the grille.
- Cook 5 to 7 minutes or until cooked.
- Serve your Homemade TexMex Pork Chops with any potato or rice side dish, veggies (green beans sautéed with garlic and hot chili peppers goes great), and some TexMex folks love them with thick slices of grilled onions, too. And beer! Ice cold beer with grilled TexMex pork chops on a hot day is perfect!
Note: You really want to use a grille, not an oven, for the authentic taste of Homemade TexMex Pork Chops. If you don’t have one and want to purchase one, Click Here. Our suggestion is to purchase a grille that has both charcoal and propane fuel options. Some grilled dishes taste better over hardwood lump charcoal, while others a best grilled over a propane fueled fire with wood smoking chips. There are lots of choices, in all price ranges, go here to peruse them.
Contact us and/or Join Our Mailing List
(We respect your privacy. Subscribers’ info are not shared with anyone. EVER)